What is the amount of various nutrients we should eat on a daily basis? Below is a list of the recommended amounts, but ssst!… don’t tell anyone you found it here! 🙂
Carbohydrates: 50-55% from our daily intake;
- simple carbs no more then 10%
- dietary fibers approximately 30g/day.
Lipids: 30-35% from our daily intake;
- saturated fats no more then 10%,
- “trans” fats under 2%
- cholesterol no more then 300 mg/day.
Proteins: 15-20% from our daily intake.
Salt intake: no more then 5g/day.
Liquid intake: at least 2l/day (water, tea, soups, small amounts of coffee).
Alcohol is not something that we should drink on a daily basis; it generates 7 calories per gram without any other nutritional benefit.
Also, for healthy living, we should…
- practice some kind of sport, around 30-60 minutes every day
- stop smoking
- have 3 meals/day and 2-3 healthy snacks.
- 6-11 cereals and cereal products servings/day
- 3-5 vegetables servings/day
- 2-4 fruits servings/day
- 2-3 dairy servings/day
- 2-3 proteins rich food servings/day (50% animal proteins and 50% vegetal proteins)
- fat food occasionally
- refined sugar products a few times per month.
Well… this is what we recommend!… 🙂